New Mexico State Fair 2014 festival will be held September 11 – 23, 2014 in Albuquerque, NM and is sure to be the top event in the state this year. The event is one of the best in the state and leads the list of top New Mexico festivals and events for 2014!
Dates: September 11 – 23, 2014
The 2014 New Mexico State Fair will run consecutively beginning Wednesday, Sept. 11, through Sunday, Sept. 22, officials announced today.
The 2014 schedule is a repeat of the fair’s condensed schedule this year, which saw an increase in overall attendance
Locations of the New Mexico State Fair 2014 festival
Albuquerque, NM 87101
Neighborhood: Up town
Important festival events and locations
- Alice K Hoppes African American Pavilion
- Villa Hispana
- Creative Arts Center
- Dairy Barn
- Fine Arts Gallery
- Flower Arts Building
- School Arts Building
- Manuel Lujan Jr. Exhibit Complex A
- Manuel Lujan Jr. Exhibit Complex B
- Manuel Lujan Jr. Exhibit Complex C
- Indian Village
- Hispanic Arts Center
- Administration Building Lawn
- Outdoor Horse Complex
- Leon Harms Youth Hall
- Beef Barn
- Box Car Stage & Lawn
- Creative Arts Parking Lot
- Indoor Horse Arena
- Gate 3 Parking Lot
- Gate 4 Parking Lot
- Heritage Avenue East
- Heritage Avenue West
- Livestock Pavilion
- Lujan Parking Lot
- NMSF Pavilion
- NMSF Pavilion Lot
- Palomino Barns
- Red Barn
- Tingley Coliseum
- Villa Hispana Parking Lot
- Agriculture Building
The is an annual state fair held for 17 days in September at Expo New Mexico (formerly the New Mexico State Fairgrounds) in the city of Albuquerque, New Mexico, U.S.A. The event features concerts, competitions, rodeos, carnival rides, games, farm animals, horses, agriculture and art.
Celebrating its 72nd anniversary in 2011, the fair is tentatively scheduled to run from September 9 – 25, 2011.
Dates to Remember for the New Mexico State Fair
- Tuesday, September 10: Arts Preview Night @ 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 11: Opening Day—carnival, exhibits, livestock shows, etc. open at 10 a.m.
- Saturday, September 14: Annual State Fair Parade Leaves the Fairgrounds at 8:30 a.m. (heading east on Central towards Eubank – PARADE DISBANDS BEFORE REACHING EUBANK!)
- Wednesday, September 18: PRCA Rodeo and State Fair Concert Series begins at Tingley Coliseum, 7 p.m., runs through Saturday, September 21 (see Rodeo Concert Entertainment for details)
- Sunday, September 22: Closing Day
- This year, the Fair is once again condensed to 12 open days, running consecutively: September 11-22.
- General Parking will once again be FREE throughout the run of the Fair. Some “Preferred” paid parking will also be available.
- General Hours of Operation are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday thru Thursday; 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday
- Gate 9 (Louisiana just north of Central) is permanently CLOSED to Fair traffic. Fairgoers wishing to park on the grounds may use Gate 8 (Louisiana just south of Lomas) and Gate 1 off Central Avenue.
- The 2014 State Fair will open at 10 a.m. every day!
- Admission is $10 Adults (12-61), $7 (Seniors (62 and up), $7 Kids (11 and under), FREE for Kids 5 and under!
- All schedules—livestock shows, contests, exhibits, entertainment, Rodeo, Tingley concerts, Parade, etc.—are currently being posted at www.ExpoNM.com August and September as they become available. Please check back often, as updates are made daily.
The New Mexico State Fair is so much more than an annual event. For a few short weeks, it brings together some of the best entertainment and events New Mexico has to offer. As the summer season cools down, the days and nights are perfect for spending time at the fair. Be sure to add it to your entertainment lineup to see what’s new in food, exhibits, competitions and special themes, because they change every year.
So many people attend the New Mexico State Fair every year. Locals enjoy coming back again and again, and many visitors come from outside Albuquerque and some from other states to enjoy what the State Fair has to offer. There is a lot to love about the fair, whether a young child enjoying the barnyard animals or a teen swinging high in the air on a thrill ride. Adults love it too, for its great entertainment and of course, the wide variety of food.
When is the State Fair?
The 2012 New Mexico State Fair runs from Wednesday, September 12 through Sunday the 23. There will be NO dark days this year, so the fair will run 13 consecutive days.
When is the Parade?
Everyone loves a parade, and the State Fair parade never disappoints. This year’s theme for the parade is Everyday is a Holiday. The parade starts 8:45 a.m on Saturday, September 15, starting at the corner of Louisiana and Central. The parade will travel east to about Eubank Boulevard.
What are the State Fair Theme Days?
The theme days at the New Mexico State Fair change each day. Be sure to find out when to go to maximize your visit.
New Mexico State Fair Admission
State Fair admission prices have stayed at this level since 2007. That’s a fair deal!
Senior: (ages 62 and up): $7
Children 6-12: $7
Children 5 and under are free.
What Do You Get With Admission?
The State Fair has a lot going on, and you don’t have to spend a lot to have a good time. Many activities are free once you have paid the entrance fee. Visit the 4-H exhibits, McDonald’s Farm, the rodeos and more, all at no charge. Of course, the food is always a temptation!
For many, especially the kids, the Carnival is the ultimate destination at the fair. Ticket prices for daily passes are $20 Monday through Thursday; Friday, Saturday and Sunday the all day ride pass is $25. Tickets can be picked up at the Murphy Brothers kiosks in the Midway.
The rodeo includes the barrel racing you’d expect at a rodeo, but live music is part of the venue every year, making this a bargain entertainment ticket.
Rodeo tickets are $16 – $37.50
Admission to the State Fair is included IF tickets are purchased by August 31.
Purchase tickets at Ticketmaster, all Ticketmaster outlets and at the Tingley Coliseum Box Office. All rodeo-concert events begin at 7 p.m.
Concerts take place in Tingley Coliseum, during the PRCA Rodeo. This year’s concert lineup features a full line of country music stars. See the concert schedule for complete details.
Except for Wednesday the 12, when the fair is open from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m., the main grounds are open 10 a.m. daily.
The midway opens at noon Monday through Thursday, and at 11 a.m. Fridays through Sundays, and in general is open until midnight.
Exhibit buildings are open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
Manuel Lujan Complex is open 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, and 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
State Fair Box Office
Tickets can be purchased prior to the fair opening at the State Fair Box Office. Find it just inside Gate 3 off San Pedro, between Lomas and Central. The office has turquoise awnings. Current box office hours are 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The New Mexico State Fair takes place in Albuquerque at the Expo New Mexico Fairgrounds, with Louisiana to the east, San Pedro to the west, Central to the south, and Lomas to the north.
Parking is FREE! Use these gates for general entry: Gate 1 at Central west of Louisiana
Gate 8 at Louisiana south of Lomas
Handicap parking is available at all general public parking lots. Right turns only into the fair.
Due to construction at NM Expo for 2012, ABQ Ride will offer special shuttles on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Find out more about buses and parking.
Wheelchairs and Strollers
Rentals are available at the entry by the Downs at Albuquerque, by Gate 1.
A first aid station is at the Midway entry.
There is no smoking allowed at buildings or building entries. Security
The security headquarters are located behind the Fine Arts building. Both New Mexico State Police and private security officers will be at the fair.