Jonestown Cajun Festival – 5th Annual Jonestown Cajun Cook Off tournament is a great community event for families at the sharp Jones Brothers Park in Jonestown, TX featuring a gumbo and etoufee cook-off, live music, food and beverage, games, vendors, rides for the kids and much more!
Saturday, March 28th, 2015
Jones Bros. Park, Jonestown Texas
12:00 -7:00 pm
Entry Fee is $50 for each TEAM
Enter in one or both categories for Cajun fun in the sun in the Texas town of tea!
Jonestown Cajun Cook-off And Festival
Top 5 events to see at the festival
- Gumbo and Etoufee Cook-Off;
- Brothers Magnum,
- Mighty Pelicans,
- Xydeco Blanco
10703 Lakeside Drive
Jonestown, Texas, 78645
Jonestown Cajun Festival dates:
March TX events
Food festivals, music festivals
Festival Website: http://www.lagovista
5 words to sum up this great festival:
Food and Live Music
Yes and vendors are allowed to create and sell custom event products
Jonestown Cajun Festival Information
To request more information for the Jonestown Cajun Festival please check out what we have to offer by completing all this information below and click Send. To get you better info, please consider being more specific and finish up what you started with these requests and questions below.
You can also call or visit our office at:
Lago Vista & Jonestown Area Chamber of Commerce, Convention & Visitors Bureau
20624 FM1431 Suite 8
Lago Vista, TX 78645
Jonestown Cajun Cook-Off Rules
1. A contestant consists of a single individual or a team of up to six individuals.
2. An entry is a single recipe of either Gumbo or Etouffe.
3. Judging will be based on Taste (15 pts), Originality (10 pts), Presentation (10 pts), and
Degree of Difficulty (10 pts).
4. Additional points awarded for decoration of cooking area (5 pts) and will be used in case
of a tie. Decorations will be judged by a separate judge.
5. Each contestant is responsible for providing ALL of their own equipment, ingredients,
utensils pots, pans, non-electric heat source and whatever else is required to prepare
their dish. No BBQ pits or deep fryers allowed.
6. Each contestant will be provided with a designated area of at least 10 feet in width.
7. Hot food being held for any length of time must be kept at or above 140 degrees to
inhibit growth of bacteria and other microorganisms that may cause foodborne illness.
8. All decisions of the judges are final. In the event of a tie, the decoration scores will be
considered and added to the food scores for a total.
9. Contestants must supply 3 gallons of product per entry to be used in tasting and judging.
No bottle Roux is allowed. You are allowed to chop/cut ahead of time, but the entry must
be prepared on site.
10. Set up and cooking begins at 8am. You must be set up and ready to go by noon.
Entries must be ready for judging by 4pm. Entries need to be to the judges by 4pm.
11. Prize presentation will take place after the final judge’s tallies are recorded.
12. Cash prizes will be awarded for first, second and third place in each category as well as a
best overall. The best overall winner cannot also win a first place. There is also a
People’s Choice award.
13. The entry fee is $50 per team. You can enter in both categories for one fee.
14. Contestants must clean up their designated area at the end of the event.
15. Very important: Have FUN!
ph: (512) 267-7952
Lago Vista & Jonestown Area Chamber of Commerce 5th Annual Saturday, March 28 th, 2015 Jones Bros. Park, Jonestown Texas 12pm-7pm Entry Fee is $50 for each TEAM Enter in one or both categories Etoufee or Gumbo All cooking must be done on-site. Judging to take place at 4pm. Prizes for 1 st , 2 nd and 3 rd place in each category as well as “Best-Over-All” $500 for “Best-Over-All”, $300 for 1 st Place, $200 for 2 nd Place and $100 for 3 rd Place in each category People’s Choice $100 Team Name: Team Captain Name: Address: Email: Date: Phone: