By Viveta Mentze
Boston Jerkfest festival genre: Food or wine, Culture fest
Top five best events at Boston Jerkfest: chef demos, caribbean culture, food festival, live music, rum & brew tasting
5 ways people describe the Boston Jerkfest: family-friendly, caribbean culture, jerk dish, outdoor/indoor, spice
Boston Jerkfest festival address:
41 Berkeley St.
Boston, Massachusetts, 2116
Expected Attendance (optional): 3000
Official website of Boston Jerkfest: http://www.bostonjerkfest.com/
Boston Jerkfest start date: 6/28/2014
Enter the URL of an image for us to upload for your listing (optional): https://evbdn.eventbrite.com/s3-s3/eventlogos/18722285/rumedjamaicanjerkchickenweb-1.jpg
Get your “Irie”on early and join us for the 2nd Annual Boston JerkFest in the South End on Saturday, June 28, 2014.
The 2nd Annual Boston JerkFest™ is an out-door/in-door family-friendly Caribbean style food festival that features Jamaican jerk spiced food and all things spicy and hot.
Boston Jerkfest™ will feature top local Caribbean Chefs, authentic Caribbean food for sale, including specialty foods such as: spicy jams, nuts, desserts, and traditional home-made drinks from the Caribbean with entertainment and performances for the whole family. It also features a Rum & Brew Tasting for 21+ festival attendees.
New this year:
– Expanded space on site to accommodate for more people.
– More jerk! Every restaurant vendor will offer a jerk dish.
– Chef demos, including a Seafood Throwdown with two chefs vying for the best jerk dish and sponsored by Boston Collaborative for Food and Fitness and Northwest Atlantic Marine Alliance.
– Cocktail Throwdown with Boston’s hottest Mixologists who will stir up the best “Irie” drinks made from products featured at the Rum & Brew Tasting.
– More live music to get your “Irie” on.
– Expanded Spice Lane, with lots more hot stuff to keep you in the mood.